Teen Will Have You Cheering for His Two Moms
BY Lucas Grindley
January 12 2013 6:33 PM ET
See if you can tell from this story whether being a child of same-sex parents is any different from the rest. Sure, there's Melissa Etheridge on the radio, and a well-worn CRV to contend with when you have two moms, according to 15-year-old Noah St. John. But his family will have you believing in all families again.
St. John performed this inspiring monologue as part of NPR's "Snap Judgment" series and it's been passed around the Web over and over until it now has more than 160,000 plays.
Watch the video below to see why St. John's story won "Performance of the Year."
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM