Teen Will Have You Cheering for His Two Moms
BY Lucas Grindley
January 12 2013 7:33 PM ET
See if you can tell from this story whether being a child of same-sex parents is any different from the rest. Sure, there's Melissa Etheridge on the radio, and a well-worn CRV to contend with when you have two moms, according to 15-year-old Noah St. John. But his family will have you believing in all families again.
St. John performed this inspiring monologue as part of NPR's "Snap Judgment" series and it's been passed around the Web over and over until it now has more than 160,000 plays.
Watch the video below to see why St. John's story won "Performance of the Year."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner