Teen Will Have You Cheering for His Two Moms
BY Lucas Grindley
January 12 2013 7:33 PM ET
See if you can tell from this story whether being a child of same-sex parents is any different from the rest. Sure, there's Melissa Etheridge on the radio, and a well-worn CRV to contend with when you have two moms, according to 15-year-old Noah St. John. But his family will have you believing in all families again.
St. John performed this inspiring monologue as part of NPR's "Snap Judgment" series and it's been passed around the Web over and over until it now has more than 160,000 plays.
Watch the video below to see why St. John's story won "Performance of the Year."
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'