Teen Will Have You Cheering for His Two Moms
BY Lucas Grindley
January 12 2013 6:33 PM ET
See if you can tell from this story whether being a child of same-sex parents is any different from the rest. Sure, there's Melissa Etheridge on the radio, and a well-worn CRV to contend with when you have two moms, according to 15-year-old Noah St. John. But his family will have you believing in all families again.
St. John performed this inspiring monologue as part of NPR's "Snap Judgment" series and it's been passed around the Web over and over until it now has more than 160,000 plays.
Watch the video below to see why St. John's story won "Performance of the Year."
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That!
- BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 5:00 AM
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM