PHOTOS: Russian Hooligans in NYC
BY Christopher Harrity
June 25 2014 3:00 AM ET
Our good friends at Galerie MooiMan are always bringing the best stuff to us. Thanks to them for giving us the tip on this exhibit of photos of the most beautiful Russian men and boys around.
Seva Galkin is a Russian photographer, producer, director, and editor in chief of TGuy.ru who has had many exhibitions in Russia, Germany, and Sweden. The out photographer has been able to place himself beyond the bullying in Vladimir Putin's Russia. Galkin swims against the current. The male body has been the center of his creative research. Hooligans addresses these issues directly. Galkin is clearly influenced by Soviet art with a suggestion of the pre-revolutionary period as well as the erotic sensibilites of Kuzma Petrov Vodkin.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar