In the Galleries: 'SHE'
BY Christopher Harrity
March 07 2013 6:16 PM ET
Three favorite artists return to the Advocate & Gochis Galleries to celebrate International Women’s Day (March 8). From painting to politics to photography, S.A. Bachman, Mary Grace McKernan, and Joan Scheibel combine to present an extraordinary range of expression.
By deftly manipulating popular media representations of suburban malaise and out-of-context ads, Bachman turns seemingly innocent, but obviously offensive, imagery against itself.
McKernan’s photography covers a lot of territory, from natural to urban landscapes. She also documents a rock concerts, capturing all the excitement and nostalgia of a show with the purpose of extending the concert experience and bringing us all together.
Scheibel’s series of paintings sometimes center on her own shadow and figure, while others unite with shapes and forms to create images that are playful, personal and discerning.
Exhibit dates: March 7- April 20, Opening Reception: Thurs Mar 7, 7-9 p.m. Admission to the Galleries is free.
For more information: LAGLC
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 3 min 50 sec ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 1 hour 11 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM