Lesbian Poet Slams Homophobic 'Straight People' With Incredible Performance
BY Jase Peeples
August 25 2013 2:41 PM ET
Denice Frohman edged out 11 other finalists to take first place at the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam last March in Minneapolis, Minnesota. However, her rousing spoken word performance of “Dear Straight People” has begun making the rounds on the internet after being recently posted online by Upworthy.
From feeling apprehensive about showing affection in public to common awkward questions straight people pose to the LGBT community, Frohman’s performance perfectly captures the swirl of emotions many of us have felt at one time or another.
Watch the full performance in the video below and for more from this talented poet be sure to like her on Facebook.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone