Lesbian Poet Slams Homophobic 'Straight People' With Incredible Performance
BY Jase Peeples
August 25 2013 2:41 PM ET
Denice Frohman edged out 11 other finalists to take first place at the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam last March in Minneapolis, Minnesota. However, her rousing spoken word performance of “Dear Straight People” has begun making the rounds on the internet after being recently posted online by Upworthy.
From feeling apprehensive about showing affection in public to common awkward questions straight people pose to the LGBT community, Frohman’s performance perfectly captures the swirl of emotions many of us have felt at one time or another.
Watch the full performance in the video below and for more from this talented poet be sure to like her on Facebook.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay 2 hours 22 min ago
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies 2 hours 55 min ago
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 6:18 PM
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 6:13 PM