Lesbian Poet Slams Homophobic 'Straight People' With Incredible Performance
BY Jase Peeples
August 25 2013 3:41 PM ET
Denice Frohman edged out 11 other finalists to take first place at the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam last March in Minneapolis, Minnesota. However, her rousing spoken word performance of “Dear Straight People” has begun making the rounds on the internet after being recently posted online by Upworthy.
From feeling apprehensive about showing affection in public to common awkward questions straight people pose to the LGBT community, Frohman’s performance perfectly captures the swirl of emotions many of us have felt at one time or another.
Watch the full performance in the video below and for more from this talented poet be sure to like her on Facebook.
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go'
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM