In the Galleries: George Stavrinos
BY Christopher Harrity
August 31 2013 11:51 AM ET
The Museum of American Illustration at the Society of Illustrators presents The Vision of George Stavrinos on exhibit from September 3 – October 19, 2013, featuring over 100 illustrations highlighting Stavrinos’ career as a seductive draftsman and fashion illustrator. This exhibit offers the public an opportunity to acknowledge this renaissance artist who was gifted as a designer, photographer, filmmaker and commercial illustrator. His work remains an inspiration for art and fashion today. (See more of his work in our Artist Spotlight on Stavrinos)
In conjunction with The Vision of George Stavrinos the Society of Illustrators is proud to partner with Live Out Loud (www.liveoutloud.info) a non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and empowering LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) youth by connecting them with successful LGBT professionals in their community. A portion of all proceeds generated during the duration of the exhibition will be donated to the Live Out Loud Scholarship Program awarded to college-bound LGBT high school seniors based on leadership, community service, academic credentials, financial need and future goals.
The Vision of George Stavrinos
September 03, 2013 - October 19, 2013
128 East 63rd Street
New York, NY 10065
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule