In the Galleries: Past the Pillars of Hercules
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2013 5:02 AM ET
Working from early photography, which often mimicked the formality and grandeur of Academic Painting, photographic images of stoic Victorian gentlemen are transformed though vivid color and sensual brushwork into exotic, vulnerable creatures of desire.
“Past the Pillars of Hercules,” a show of new paintings by previous Artist Spotlight subject Aaron Smith, will have an opening reception Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. The exhibition continues from Saturday through November 17, 2013 at Sloan Fine Art @ Smart Clothes Gallery, 154 Stanton St., New York City.
Click through for more of Aaron Smith's work >>>
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!