In the Galleries: Past the Pillars of Hercules
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2013 5:02 AM ET
Working from early photography, which often mimicked the formality and grandeur of Academic Painting, photographic images of stoic Victorian gentlemen are transformed though vivid color and sensual brushwork into exotic, vulnerable creatures of desire.
“Past the Pillars of Hercules,” a show of new paintings by previous Artist Spotlight subject Aaron Smith, will have an opening reception Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. The exhibition continues from Saturday through November 17, 2013 at Sloan Fine Art @ Smart Clothes Gallery, 154 Stanton St., New York City.
Click through for more of Aaron Smith's work >>>
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees
- BREAKING: Wyo. Won't Appeal Marriage Equality