Bookshelf: Turning LGBT History Into Literature
BY David Artavia
May 31 2013 4:00 AM ET
Novels have become the new tell-alls for gay men and women. With poignant confessions and intriguing storylines, these four books have captured the experience of the mid-20th century, a time when oppression gradually gave way to liberation.
LGBT history is something we must never forget, and these authors have turned it into literature. With strength, courage, and attitude, the writers share imaginative tales of wrestling inner (and societal) demons to discover their own potential.
Check out these must-read books.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 1 hour 57 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 1 hour 58 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 1 hour 58 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM