Bryan Singer to produce Battlestar Galactica revival
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2001 1:00 AM ET
Director Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, X-Men) will executive-produce a reinvention of the cult TV series Battlestar Galactica for Studios USA, reports Variety. Singer has made a deal to rework the old show, which premiered on ABC in 1978, and executive-produce the series with Tom DeSanto; Singer will also direct the pilot if it doesnt interfere with his X-Men 2 shooting schedule. The lesson I learned on X-Men is to have a healthy respect for the fan base of sci-fi fantasy franchises, and Im confident that the Galactica brand is a sleeping giant, said Singer. No word yet as to whether or not the director will cast his frequent collaborator, openly gay actor Sir Ian McKellen, in the role once played by Lorne Greene.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'