Chicagos Bailiwick Repertory presents Larry Osburn Trailblazer Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Chicagos Bailiwick Repertory, which often showcases gay- and lesbian-themed productions, is holding the 2001 Larry Osburn Trailblazer Awards on Sunday, May 20, at Hotel Allegro. The awards, which have been renamed to acknowledge the contribution of past board president Larry Osburn, are given to those who have moved the GLBT community forward in the areas of sports, culture, journalism, and community affairs. Olympic ice skater Rudy Galindo will be receiving an award both for his athletic achievements and for being an openly gay role model in the closeted field of professional sports. Awards will also go to journalist Achy Obejas, theater critic Jeff Rossen, and the Rev. Gregory Dell, among others. Proceeds from the event will benefit the 13 productions of Pride 2001 at Bailiwick as well as the Chicago premieres of Terrence McNallys Corpus Christi and the ever-popular Naked Boys Singing. Hotel Allegro is in downtown Chicago at 171 West Randolph; call (773) 883-1090 for further information.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'