Chicagos Bailiwick Repertory presents Larry Osburn Trailblazer Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2001 11:00 PM ET
Chicagos Bailiwick Repertory, which often showcases gay- and lesbian-themed productions, is holding the 2001 Larry Osburn Trailblazer Awards on Sunday, May 20, at Hotel Allegro. The awards, which have been renamed to acknowledge the contribution of past board president Larry Osburn, are given to those who have moved the GLBT community forward in the areas of sports, culture, journalism, and community affairs. Olympic ice skater Rudy Galindo will be receiving an award both for his athletic achievements and for being an openly gay role model in the closeted field of professional sports. Awards will also go to journalist Achy Obejas, theater critic Jeff Rossen, and the Rev. Gregory Dell, among others. Proceeds from the event will benefit the 13 productions of Pride 2001 at Bailiwick as well as the Chicago premieres of Terrence McNallys Corpus Christi and the ever-popular Naked Boys Singing. Hotel Allegro is in downtown Chicago at 171 West Randolph; call (773) 883-1090 for further information.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Sports Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out 4 min 6 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Virginia AG Asks Court to Dismiss Marriage Ban Challenge 39 min 58 sec ago
- Health WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' 1 hour 29 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody UPDATED: 1 hour 36 min ago
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 2 hours 2 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 2 hours 48 min ago
- Music 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year 10:18 AM