Gay Popular creator has new sitcom in the works
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
Ryan Murphy, the out creator of Popular, will return to the WB network with a new sitcom featuring Delta Burke, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The network has committed to a pilot, written by Murphy, that will star Burke as the headmistress of a girls' prep school. The pilot commitment is part of Murphy's two-year development deal with Warner Bros. TV and Tollin-Robbins Productions. Murphy, who will also executive-produce the show, will soon make his feature directorial debut with the romantic comedy Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn? which he also wrote.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Drink Baileys in Cameroon, Go to Jail for Being Gay