Gay Popular creator has new sitcom in the works
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2001 11:00 PM ET
Ryan Murphy, the out creator of Popular, will return to the WB network with a new sitcom featuring Delta Burke, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The network has committed to a pilot, written by Murphy, that will star Burke as the headmistress of a girls' prep school. The pilot commitment is part of Murphy's two-year development deal with Warner Bros. TV and Tollin-Robbins Productions. Murphy, who will also executive-produce the show, will soon make his feature directorial debut with the romantic comedy Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn? which he also wrote.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View