Gay Popular creator has new sitcom in the works
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
Ryan Murphy, the out creator of Popular, will return to the WB network with a new sitcom featuring Delta Burke, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The network has committed to a pilot, written by Murphy, that will star Burke as the headmistress of a girls' prep school. The pilot commitment is part of Murphy's two-year development deal with Warner Bros. TV and Tollin-Robbins Productions. Murphy, who will also executive-produce the show, will soon make his feature directorial debut with the romantic comedy Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn? which he also wrote.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People