NEA OK's Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts has resolved a grant proposal regarding Tony Kushner's new play Homebody/Kabul, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The agency has approved a $60,000 grant for a Berkeley, Calif., production of the show. At the same time, the NEA denied a $42,000 grant proposal from the Main College of Art in Portland for an exhibit by performance artist William Pope. Kushner won the Tony award and the Pulitzer Prize for his two-part play Angels in America.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet