NEA OK's Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts has resolved a grant proposal regarding Tony Kushner's new play Homebody/Kabul, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The agency has approved a $60,000 grant for a Berkeley, Calif., production of the show. At the same time, the NEA denied a $42,000 grant proposal from the Main College of Art in Portland for an exhibit by performance artist William Pope. Kushner won the Tony award and the Pulitzer Prize for his two-part play Angels in America.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model