NEA OK's Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts has resolved a grant proposal regarding Tony Kushner's new play Homebody/Kabul, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The agency has approved a $60,000 grant for a Berkeley, Calif., production of the show. At the same time, the NEA denied a $42,000 grant proposal from the Main College of Art in Portland for an exhibit by performance artist William Pope. Kushner won the Tony award and the Pulitzer Prize for his two-part play Angels in America.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Florida Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?