Almodóvar to reteam with Banderas, Cruz
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 28 2002 11:00 PM ET
Spanish film stars Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz will once again work with Pedro Almodóvar, the director who brought each to international attention—with Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown and All About My Mother, respectively—on a new film, notes The Hollywood Reporter. The openly gay director plans to put both actors in Tarantula, a story of revenge involving a group of cosmetic surgeons. The film will be based on Migale, a novel by French author Thierry Jonquet to which Almodóvar purchased the rights two years ago. Almodóvar's most recent film, Talk to Her, will be released this fall in the United States by Sony Pictures Classics.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View