Pastor: Ricky Will Drag Us to Hell
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2011 8:10 AM ET
Antigay Puerto Rican pastor Wanda Rolón urged people to avoid Ricky Martin concerts, warning that the singer would “drag us all to hell.”
The Huffington Post reports on the protests that occurred last week, which judging by the attendance at Martin's concerts, appear to have been ineffective. Rolón promoted her opposition on Facebook and in a press conference.
“On Friday the 25th of March, a group of anti-homosexuality activists held a protest in front of the Choliseo, while avid Ricky Martin's fanatics arrived for the anticipated concert,” reports HuffPo. “Wanda Rolon's followers promised to be there for the remaining three days, condemning Ricky Martin's confessed sexual orientation and the nature of his concert. According to Wanda Rolón and this group, the whole island will join Satan in the afterlife, since four shows were completely sold out.”
Martin did not respond directly to Rolón, but during his concerts he said, "Don't be afraid to live, Puerto Rico."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers