Pastor: Ricky Will Drag Us to Hell
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2011 8:10 AM ET
Antigay Puerto Rican pastor Wanda Rolón urged people to avoid Ricky Martin concerts, warning that the singer would “drag us all to hell.”
The Huffington Post reports on the protests that occurred last week, which judging by the attendance at Martin's concerts, appear to have been ineffective. Rolón promoted her opposition on Facebook and in a press conference.
“On Friday the 25th of March, a group of anti-homosexuality activists held a protest in front of the Choliseo, while avid Ricky Martin's fanatics arrived for the anticipated concert,” reports HuffPo. “Wanda Rolon's followers promised to be there for the remaining three days, condemning Ricky Martin's confessed sexual orientation and the nature of his concert. According to Wanda Rolón and this group, the whole island will join Satan in the afterlife, since four shows were completely sold out.”
Martin did not respond directly to Rolón, but during his concerts he said, "Don't be afraid to live, Puerto Rico."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers to Become First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 12 min 41 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Ex-Girlfriend's Parents Speak 47 min 45 sec ago
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 1 hour 24 min ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 1 hour 33 min ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 2 hours 12 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM