Pastor: Ricky Will Drag Us to Hell
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2011 7:10 AM ET
Antigay Puerto Rican pastor Wanda Rolón urged people to avoid Ricky Martin concerts, warning that the singer would “drag us all to hell.”
The Huffington Post reports on the protests that occurred last week, which judging by the attendance at Martin's concerts, appear to have been ineffective. Rolón promoted her opposition on Facebook and in a press conference.
“On Friday the 25th of March, a group of anti-homosexuality activists held a protest in front of the Choliseo, while avid Ricky Martin's fanatics arrived for the anticipated concert,” reports HuffPo. “Wanda Rolon's followers promised to be there for the remaining three days, condemning Ricky Martin's confessed sexual orientation and the nature of his concert. According to Wanda Rolón and this group, the whole island will join Satan in the afterlife, since four shows were completely sold out.”
Martin did not respond directly to Rolón, but during his concerts he said, "Don't be afraid to live, Puerto Rico."
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 1 hour 53 min ago
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 2 hours 52 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM