Pastor: Ricky Will Drag Us to Hell
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2011 8:10 AM ET
Antigay Puerto Rican pastor Wanda Rolón urged people to avoid Ricky Martin concerts, warning that the singer would “drag us all to hell.”
The Huffington Post reports on the protests that occurred last week, which judging by the attendance at Martin's concerts, appear to have been ineffective. Rolón promoted her opposition on Facebook and in a press conference.
“On Friday the 25th of March, a group of anti-homosexuality activists held a protest in front of the Choliseo, while avid Ricky Martin's fanatics arrived for the anticipated concert,” reports HuffPo. “Wanda Rolon's followers promised to be there for the remaining three days, condemning Ricky Martin's confessed sexual orientation and the nature of his concert. According to Wanda Rolón and this group, the whole island will join Satan in the afterlife, since four shows were completely sold out.”
Martin did not respond directly to Rolón, but during his concerts he said, "Don't be afraid to live, Puerto Rico."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under The Bus—Again 6 min 14 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 19 min 9 sec ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 1 hour 2 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 2 hours 21 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM