BY Brandon Voss
March 25 2011 3:20 PM ET
10. DVD: Black Swan
Even before Darren Aronofsky’s psychological thriller hit theaters, all eyes were on a certain fantasy sequence involving oral sex between Mila Kunis and Oscar winner Natalie Portman as rival ballerinas. Kunis told The Advocate that she didn’t consider her character bisexual and wasn’t crazy about the media’s attention to that scene, but it’s one reason we’ll be adding the film to our collection when it comes out March 29 on DVD.
9. BOOK: Dolce & Gabbana Uomini, Mariano Vivanco
Commemorating 20 years of Dolce & Gabbana men’s wear, the glamorous Italian label gets a coffee-table book that celebrates male physical perfection. Photographer Mariano Vivanco revisits his Dieux du Stade shoot in referencing classical Greek and Roman sculpture to explore masculine archetypes like heroes, warriors, and sportsmen. Look for fine work from models David Gandy, Doug Porter, and Sex and the City 2’s Noah Mills.
8. TV: Mildred Pierce
The noir classic is in good gay hands with executive producer Christine Vachon and director Todd Haynes, who proved his melodramatic mettle with Far From Heaven. Kate Winslet fills Joan Crawford’s shoes as Mildred, a strong divorcée sacrificing for a spoiled daughter played by True Blood’s Evan Rachel Wood, but just don’t call it a remake; this HBO miniseries, which begins March 27, adheres closer to James M. Cain’s 1941 novel.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel