Mastering a Gay Ritual: The Boozy Brunch
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Gay people have no shortage of amazing rituals — wit, shopping, dancing until dawn, etc. — but one of the best is brunch. Sitting at a table with bellinis, blueberry pancakes, and a gaggle of friends, discussing what happened the night before, is a pleasure known by many LGBT people. But have you tried hosting your own leisurely liquor-soaked mid-morning feast? Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking, a new book by Brooklyn writer Peter Joseph and New York photographer Salma Khalil, features dozens of drink recipes that provide hair of the dog, and then some (there's even recipes for some classic brunch dishes). See some of our favorite cocktail confections on the following pages.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'