Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2013 8:00 PM ET
1. TV: Behind the Candelabra
We almost can't believe it's finally here — after years of casting, recasting, shopping around for a deal, and arguing in the press, the Liberace movie Behind the Candelabra is finally premiering on HBO this Sunday. Michael Douglas plays the flamboyant piano virtuoso, while Matt Damon plays Scott Thorson, Liberace's younger lover, while Rob Lowe, Debbie Reynolds, Dan Akroyd, Scott Bakula, and Cheyenne Jackson get to play along as Stephen Soderbergh directs the whole thing. While the subject matter is sparkly, campy, and well, gay on the surface, it's also an adequate look at the complexities of being gay only a couple of decades ago.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People