Ke$ha Performs Commitment Ceremony for Lesbian Friends
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 12:12 PM ET
Pop star Ke$ha, also an ordained minister, performed a commitment ceremony for her close friends Monique Morrison and Gretchen Helt in Malibu, Calif., last Wednesday.
The singer, who identifies as bisexual, was ordained as a minister online. In a 2010 interview with The Advocate, Ke$ha discussed her video "Backstabber," which features a predominantly transgender cast. "I am a huge fan of the transgender community," she says. "I am so not a proper, good female. I can’t dance in high heels and I’m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much makeup on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when I’m such a bum about it."
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview