Ke$ha Performs Commitment Ceremony for Lesbian Friends
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 12:12 PM ET
Pop star Ke$ha, also an ordained minister, performed a commitment ceremony for her close friends Monique Morrison and Gretchen Helt in Malibu, Calif., last Wednesday.
The singer, who identifies as bisexual, was ordained as a minister online. In a 2010 interview with The Advocate, Ke$ha discussed her video "Backstabber," which features a predominantly transgender cast. "I am a huge fan of the transgender community," she says. "I am so not a proper, good female. I canâ€™t dance in high heels and Iâ€™m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much makeup on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when Iâ€™m such a bum about it."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 16 min 25 sec ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 1 hour 35 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM