Ke$ha Performs Commitment Ceremony for Lesbian Friends
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 12:12 PM ET
Pop star Ke$ha, also an ordained minister, performed a commitment ceremony for her close friends Monique Morrison and Gretchen Helt in Malibu, Calif., last Wednesday.
The singer, who identifies as bisexual, was ordained as a minister online. In a 2010 interview with The Advocate, Ke$ha discussed her video "Backstabber," which features a predominantly transgender cast. "I am a huge fan of the transgender community," she says. "I am so not a proper, good female. I can’t dance in high heels and I’m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much makeup on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when I’m such a bum about it."
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family