Ke$ha Performs Commitment Ceremony for Lesbian Friends
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 12:12 PM ET
Pop star Ke$ha, also an ordained minister, performed a commitment ceremony for her close friends Monique Morrison and Gretchen Helt in Malibu, Calif., last Wednesday.
The singer, who identifies as bisexual, was ordained as a minister online. In a 2010 interview with The Advocate, Ke$ha discussed her video "Backstabber," which features a predominantly transgender cast. "I am a huge fan of the transgender community," she says. "I am so not a proper, good female. I can’t dance in high heels and I’m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much makeup on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when I’m such a bum about it."
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam