Ke$ha Performs Commitment Ceremony for Lesbian Friends
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 12:12 PM ET
Pop star Ke$ha, also an ordained minister, performed a commitment ceremony for her close friends Monique Morrison and Gretchen Helt in Malibu, Calif., last Wednesday.
The singer, who identifies as bisexual, was ordained as a minister online. In a 2010 interview with The Advocate, Ke$ha discussed her video "Backstabber," which features a predominantly transgender cast. "I am a huge fan of the transgender community," she says. "I am so not a proper, good female. I canâ€™t dance in high heels and Iâ€™m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much makeup on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when Iâ€™m such a bum about it."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM