WATCH: Singer Matt Nathanson's New Marriage Equality Music Video
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 24 2012 12:21 PM ET
Matt Nathanson, the folk rock singer-songwriter who went platinum with his song "Come On Get Higher" is back with "Modern Love," a new video supporting marriage equality that has already had nearly 200,000 views in just a week.
"People deserve to be free to love who they choose, without prejudice," says Nathanson, who toured with Kelly Clarkson earlier this year. "The right to marry is an extension of this love. Until the time comes when this is no longer an issue in our culture, modern love will never be enough."
If you want to catch Nathanson live, the crooner is performing in New York August 24, San Francisco on Sept. 30, Balboa, Calif. on Oct. 13, and Rohnert Park, Calif. on Nov. 2. For more tour info visit MattNathanson.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate