WATCH: Singer Matt Nathanson's New Marriage Equality Music Video
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 24 2012 1:21 PM ET
Matt Nathanson, the folk rock singer-songwriter who went platinum with his song "Come On Get Higher" is back with "Modern Love," a new video supporting marriage equality that has already had nearly 200,000 views in just a week.
"People deserve to be free to love who they choose, without prejudice," says Nathanson, who toured with Kelly Clarkson earlier this year. "The right to marry is an extension of this love. Until the time comes when this is no longer an issue in our culture, modern love will never be enough."
If you want to catch Nathanson live, the crooner is performing in New York August 24, San Francisco on Sept. 30, Balboa, Calif. on Oct. 13, and Rohnert Park, Calif. on Nov. 2. For more tour info visit MattNathanson.com.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM