WATCH: Barbra Streisand in Concert at Sold Out Brooklyn Show
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 13 2012 11:41 AM ET
Barbra Streisand did a show in Brooklyn at the new Barclays Center on Thursday (there's another one tonight) and reports of it from Jezebel, Entertainment Weekly, and the New York Times (and, of course, Twitter) all rave about the sold-out, 19,000-seat concert in Babs' hometown.
"I've come home at last!" the 70-year-old crooner told the crowd. As Entertainment Weekly's Jessica Shaw wrote: "The last time she did a solo show in Brooklyn, she told the cheering crowd, was when she was 8 and singing on a stoop on Pulaski Street."
And tweets from celebs in attendance, including Katie Couric, Rashida Jones, Mo Rocca and Michael Bloomberg, indicate it was worth all the buzz. Here's a clip from the show.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Wedding Bells Finally Ring in Kentucky
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks