WATCH: Barbra Streisand in Concert at Sold Out Brooklyn Show
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 13 2012 11:41 AM ET
Barbra Streisand did a show in Brooklyn at the new Barclays Center on Thursday (there's another one tonight) and reports of it from Jezebel, Entertainment Weekly, and the New York Times (and, of course, Twitter) all rave about the sold-out, 19,000-seat concert in Babs' hometown.
"I've come home at last!" the 70-year-old crooner told the crowd. As Entertainment Weekly's Jessica Shaw wrote: "The last time she did a solo show in Brooklyn, she told the cheering crowd, was when she was 8 and singing on a stoop on Pulaski Street."
And tweets from celebs in attendance, including Katie Couric, Rashida Jones, Mo Rocca and Michael Bloomberg, indicate it was worth all the buzz. Here's a clip from the show.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Philly-Area Trans Teen Commits Suicide on Train Tracks
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World