WATCH: Barbra Streisand in Concert at Sold Out Brooklyn Show
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 13 2012 11:41 AM ET
Barbra Streisand did a show in Brooklyn at the new Barclays Center on Thursday (there's another one tonight) and reports of it from Jezebel, Entertainment Weekly, and the New York Times (and, of course, Twitter) all rave about the sold-out, 19,000-seat concert in Babs' hometown.
"I've come home at last!" the 70-year-old crooner told the crowd. As Entertainment Weekly's Jessica Shaw wrote: "The last time she did a solo show in Brooklyn, she told the cheering crowd, was when she was 8 and singing on a stoop on Pulaski Street."
And tweets from celebs in attendance, including Katie Couric, Rashida Jones, Mo Rocca and Michael Bloomberg, indicate it was worth all the buzz. Here's a clip from the show.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: They're Trans, They're Hispanic, and They've Changed This World