WATCH: Barbra Streisand in Concert at Sold Out Brooklyn Show
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 13 2012 11:41 AM ET
Barbra Streisand did a show in Brooklyn at the new Barclays Center on Thursday (there's another one tonight) and reports of it from Jezebel, Entertainment Weekly, and the New York Times (and, of course, Twitter) all rave about the sold-out, 19,000-seat concert in Babs' hometown.
"I've come home at last!" the 70-year-old crooner told the crowd. As Entertainment Weekly's Jessica Shaw wrote: "The last time she did a solo show in Brooklyn, she told the cheering crowd, was when she was 8 and singing on a stoop on Pulaski Street."
And tweets from celebs in attendance, including Katie Couric, Rashida Jones, Mo Rocca and Michael Bloomberg, indicate it was worth all the buzz. Here's a clip from the show.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School