WATCH: Barbra Streisand in Concert at Sold Out Brooklyn Show
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 13 2012 10:41 AM ET
Barbra Streisand did a show in Brooklyn at the new Barclays Center on Thursday (there's another one tonight) and reports of it from Jezebel, Entertainment Weekly, and the New York Times (and, of course, Twitter) all rave about the sold-out, 19,000-seat concert in Babs' hometown.
"I've come home at last!" the 70-year-old crooner told the crowd. As Entertainment Weekly's Jessica Shaw wrote: "The last time she did a solo show in Brooklyn, she told the cheering crowd, was when she was 8 and singing on a stoop on Pulaski Street."
And tweets from celebs in attendance, including Katie Couric, Rashida Jones, Mo Rocca and Michael Bloomberg, indicate it was worth all the buzz. Here's a clip from the show.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 35 min 4 sec ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 40 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 48 min 52 sec ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 53 min 11 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 2 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 1 hour 6 min ago
- Transgender Third Cleveland-Area Trans Woman Murdered in Past Year 1 hour 51 min ago