WATCH: Young Trans Woman Rocks Chris Brown's 'Don't Wake Me Up'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 24 2012 2:38 PM ET
A 20-year-old transgender woman in Cologne, Germany has become a YouTube sensation with her catchy, bubbly rendition of Chris Brown's "Don't Wake Me Up."
Kim Petras has been in the spotlight since she first made international headlines when she underwent gender reassignment surgery at just 16 years old.
Now the aspiring pop star has racked up nearly half a million views on her YouTube cover of Brown's track. Petras has an undeniably powerful voice, and most of the comments on her video are supportive, complimenting Petras' courage, vocal range, and originality. Several commenters said Petras' rendition is better than Brown's original recording of the song.
Take a look for yourself:
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 2 hours 19 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 2 hours 36 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 2 hours 45 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2:44 PM
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 2:41 PM
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2:07 PM