WATCH: Young Trans Woman Rocks Chris Brown's 'Don't Wake Me Up'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 24 2012 3:38 PM ET
A 20-year-old transgender woman in Cologne, Germany has become a YouTube sensation with her catchy, bubbly rendition of Chris Brown's "Don't Wake Me Up."
Kim Petras has been in the spotlight since she first made international headlines when she underwent gender reassignment surgery at just 16 years old.
Now the aspiring pop star has racked up nearly half a million views on her YouTube cover of Brown's track. Petras has an undeniably powerful voice, and most of the comments on her video are supportive, complimenting Petras' courage, vocal range, and originality. Several commenters said Petras' rendition is better than Brown's original recording of the song.
Take a look for yourself:
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2 hours 43 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM