Christine Quinn Turned Down Date with Pamela Anderson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 26 2012 5:32 PM ET
A handful of hot babes — Pamela Anderson, drag performers Lady Bunny, RuPaul's Drag Race winner Sharon Needles, and funny lady Kathy Najimy — were at the NYClass gala at the Edison Ballroom this week, according to the New York Post, to promote a proposal that would replace New York’s horse-drawn carriage rides with a ride that's more animal-friendly (read: motorized).
While Anderson, a well-known animal rights advocate, argued that the hansom cabs sould be done away with (“They don’t do it in London anymore. They don’t do it in Toronto or Paris, and we’re still doing it in New York. It seems very behind the times.”), it was her the date that didn't happen that piqued our interest. According to the Post, lesbian City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, declined the former Baywatch babe's "invitation to go as her date," perhaps one of the few lesbians to turn down the Barb Wire star.
The Post quoted the queens talking about what could replace the romance of carriage rides and Lady Bunny, ever straightforward, said, “I always just use the bushes.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 40 min 16 sec ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 1 hour 45 min ago
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM