Christine Quinn Turned Down Date with Pamela Anderson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 26 2012 5:32 PM ET
A handful of hot babes — Pamela Anderson, drag performers Lady Bunny, RuPaul's Drag Race winner Sharon Needles, and funny lady Kathy Najimy — were at the NYClass gala at the Edison Ballroom this week, according to the New York Post, to promote a proposal that would replace New York’s horse-drawn carriage rides with a ride that's more animal-friendly (read: motorized).
While Anderson, a well-known animal rights advocate, argued that the hansom cabs sould be done away with (“They don’t do it in London anymore. They don’t do it in Toronto or Paris, and we’re still doing it in New York. It seems very behind the times.”), it was her the date that didn't happen that piqued our interest. According to the Post, lesbian City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, declined the former Baywatch babe's "invitation to go as her date," perhaps one of the few lesbians to turn down the Barb Wire star.
The Post quoted the queens talking about what could replace the romance of carriage rides and Lady Bunny, ever straightforward, said, “I always just use the bushes.”
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 12 min 54 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 42 min 58 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 1 hour 25 min ago
- Politics S.C. House OKs Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 1 hour 35 min ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 2 hours 2 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 2 hours 9 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 2 hours 16 min ago