Oops? Charlie Sheen Says He Didn't Mean to Use Antigay Slur
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 11:21 AM ET
Charlie Sheen didn't mean to get on stage and call a crowd at his new club a bunch of "faggots." But he did.
TMZ reports that FX's Anger Management star has apologized. He was reportedly hosting the opening of his new bar, EPIC, in Cabo San Lucas at the El Ganzo Hotel — which he promised on Twitter would be "the party of the year!!" — and TMZ posted video of him yelling over the mic, "Lying bunch of faggot assholes, how we doing?"
To make it all better, Sheen blamed the whole thing on his lisping.
"I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone," Sheen told TMZ. "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
Sheen was apparently out partying with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa when the antigay slur was made. He tweeted an Instagram pic with his arm around the former chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Sheen's kind words for the mayor: "From Boyle Heights to Mayor of LA..! To @hotelelganza 2 party w/SHEEN at SheenZ..! Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!"
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel