Oops? Charlie Sheen Says He Didn't Mean to Use Antigay Slur
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 11:21 AM ET
Charlie Sheen didn't mean to get on stage and call a crowd at his new club a bunch of "faggots." But he did.
TMZ reports that FX's Anger Management star has apologized. He was reportedly hosting the opening of his new bar, EPIC, in Cabo San Lucas at the El Ganzo Hotel — which he promised on Twitter would be "the party of the year!!" — and TMZ posted video of him yelling over the mic, "Lying bunch of faggot assholes, how we doing?"
To make it all better, Sheen blamed the whole thing on his lisping.
"I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone," Sheen told TMZ. "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
Sheen was apparently out partying with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa when the antigay slur was made. He tweeted an Instagram pic with his arm around the former chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Sheen's kind words for the mayor: "From Boyle Heights to Mayor of LA..! To @hotelelganza 2 party w/SHEEN at SheenZ..! Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!"
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- An Open Letter to Clarence Thomas From an Interracial Lesbian Couple
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend