Oops? Charlie Sheen Says He Didn't Mean to Use Antigay Slur
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 11:21 AM ET
Charlie Sheen didn't mean to get on stage and call a crowd at his new club a bunch of "faggots." But he did.
TMZ reports that FX's Anger Management star has apologized. He was reportedly hosting the opening of his new bar, EPIC, in Cabo San Lucas at the El Ganzo Hotel — which he promised on Twitter would be "the party of the year!!" — and TMZ posted video of him yelling over the mic, "Lying bunch of faggot assholes, how we doing?"
To make it all better, Sheen blamed the whole thing on his lisping.
"I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone," Sheen told TMZ. "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
Sheen was apparently out partying with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa when the antigay slur was made. He tweeted an Instagram pic with his arm around the former chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Sheen's kind words for the mayor: "From Boyle Heights to Mayor of LA..! To @hotelelganza 2 party w/SHEEN at SheenZ..! Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM