Oops? Charlie Sheen Says He Didn't Mean to Use Antigay Slur
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 10:21 AM ET
Charlie Sheen didn't mean to get on stage and call a crowd at his new club a bunch of "faggots." But he did.
TMZ reports that FX's Anger Management star has apologized. He was reportedly hosting the opening of his new bar, EPIC, in Cabo San Lucas at the El Ganzo Hotel — which he promised on Twitter would be "the party of the year!!" — and TMZ posted video of him yelling over the mic, "Lying bunch of faggot assholes, how we doing?"
To make it all better, Sheen blamed the whole thing on his lisping.
"I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone," Sheen told TMZ. "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
Sheen was apparently out partying with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa when the antigay slur was made. He tweeted an Instagram pic with his arm around the former chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Sheen's kind words for the mayor: "From Boyle Heights to Mayor of LA..! To @hotelelganza 2 party w/SHEEN at SheenZ..! Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6