Oops? Charlie Sheen Says He Didn't Mean to Use Antigay Slur
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 10:21 AM ET
Charlie Sheen didn't mean to get on stage and call a crowd at his new club a bunch of "faggots." But he did.
TMZ reports that FX's Anger Management star has apologized. He was reportedly hosting the opening of his new bar, EPIC, in Cabo San Lucas at the El Ganzo Hotel — which he promised on Twitter would be "the party of the year!!" — and TMZ posted video of him yelling over the mic, "Lying bunch of faggot assholes, how we doing?"
To make it all better, Sheen blamed the whole thing on his lisping.
"I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone," Sheen told TMZ. "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
Sheen was apparently out partying with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa when the antigay slur was made. He tweeted an Instagram pic with his arm around the former chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Sheen's kind words for the mayor: "From Boyle Heights to Mayor of LA..! To @hotelelganza 2 party w/SHEEN at SheenZ..! Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!"
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 20 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 25 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 34 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2 hours 38 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2 hours 39 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2 hours 47 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2 hours 52 min ago