BY Albert Smith
February 06 2010 6:00 AM ET
Why are you a photographer?
The arts have always been part of my life — drawing, paint. I studied arts, film, and fashion photography. I always liked to observe and go on record in some way with my passion for the male. Photography fascinated me — the speed at which you can leave these moments recorded. I am fascinated by the light, and I feel like a voyeur, watching.
What catches your eye?
The male beauty and simplicity, the volumes of the muscles, the smiles; the bodies are exhibited, sometimes naive, sometimes malicious ... sensuality, brutality.
How do you choose your subjects?
Observing the daily life of a normal man. I like to know the model before, talk, try to watch their voices, manners. I try to bring them to the maximum — after that I decide how I will photograph. I have a notebook, and I like writing ideas, The styling is not important; I prioritize the model.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 19 min 11 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 44 min 59 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 50 min 2 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 13 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 17 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 20 min ago