BY Albert Smith
February 06 2010 7:00 AM ET
Why are you a photographer?
The arts have always been part of my life — drawing, paint. I studied arts, film, and fashion photography. I always liked to observe and go on record in some way with my passion for the male. Photography fascinated me — the speed at which you can leave these moments recorded. I am fascinated by the light, and I feel like a voyeur, watching.
What catches your eye?
The male beauty and simplicity, the volumes of the muscles, the smiles; the bodies are exhibited, sometimes naive, sometimes malicious ... sensuality, brutality.
How do you choose your subjects?
Observing the daily life of a normal man. I like to know the model before, talk, try to watch their voices, manners. I try to bring them to the maximum — after that I decide how I will photograph. I have a notebook, and I like writing ideas, The styling is not important; I prioritize the model.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 8 min 44 sec ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 1 hour 4 min ago
- Transgender Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 1 hour 5 min ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 1 hour 10 min ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 1 hour 25 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Is 'Scared, Overwhelmed' By Potential Felony Sex Abuse Charges 1 hour 53 min ago
- World News Australia's Penny Wong Fights Homophobic Comments 2 hours 13 min ago