BY Albert Smith
February 06 2010 6:00 AM ET
Why are you a photographer?
The arts have always been part of my life — drawing, paint. I studied arts, film, and fashion photography. I always liked to observe and go on record in some way with my passion for the male. Photography fascinated me — the speed at which you can leave these moments recorded. I am fascinated by the light, and I feel like a voyeur, watching.
What catches your eye?
The male beauty and simplicity, the volumes of the muscles, the smiles; the bodies are exhibited, sometimes naive, sometimes malicious ... sensuality, brutality.
How do you choose your subjects?
Observing the daily life of a normal man. I like to know the model before, talk, try to watch their voices, manners. I try to bring them to the maximum — after that I decide how I will photograph. I have a notebook, and I like writing ideas, The styling is not important; I prioritize the model.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 13 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 13 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM