BY Albert Smith
March 13 2010 7:35 AM ET
I use photography to capture one slice of time, a glimpse of beauty immortalized. Everything tells a story that I try to reveal to the viewer. Some pieces tell one story and some are an integral piece of a larger story yet to be told.
My focus on the male form is to expose the beauty of man. Society has de-sexualized the male form to a detriment. Our culture hides the male body in layers of ill-fitting clothes and instills a shame when someone appreciates the male form.
By exposing the male body both nude and clothed, I strive to remove those layers of deception. The imagery that I create is proud, vulnerable, tender, and strong but at the heart it is the unabashed celebration of male sexuality.
My work allows the viewer to truly appreciate the life and energy of man. As a man I feel it is important to share this art in today’s society.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels 1 min 59 sec ago
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' 31 min 16 sec ago
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 58 min 40 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 1 hour 8 min ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 1 hour 24 min ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 56 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 2 hours 29 min ago