Is 'The New Normal' the Next Big Gay TV Show?
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 14 2012 11:38 AM ET UPDATED: May 15 2012 1:13 AM ET
LGBT audiences are eagerly awaiting the new comedy from Ryan Murphy (the gay cocreator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck) and Ali Adler (the lesbian ex-wife of The Talk's Sara Gilbert, and the co-executive produer of Glee), and the newly released clip from the upcoming show, The New Normal, doesn't disappoint. Starring Andrew Rannells (from Broadway's The Book of Mormon) and Justin Bartha (of The Hangover fame) as an affluent gay couple, with their surrogate baby mama played by Georgia King (whose lesbian bathtub scene in Tanner Hall made that indie flick watchable), The New Normal promises to be next season's Modern Family. Here are clips from the pilot.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention