GRAPHIC: Gay Parents on TV Through The Years
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 11:20 AM ET
The New Normal, featuring a gay couple and their journey to have a baby, premieres this week on NBC. The show has become a target for antigay activist group One Million Moms, which claims the depiction of same-sex parents was something unprescedented on television, and symbolized "the decay of morals and values," the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation reports.
But GLAAD counters that same-sex parents have been depicted on television since the 1970s. Check out their rundown of gay parents on the tube.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6