GRAPHIC: Gay Parents on TV Through The Years
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 12:20 PM ET
The New Normal, featuring a gay couple and their journey to have a baby, premieres this week on NBC. The show has become a target for antigay activist group One Million Moms, which claims the depiction of same-sex parents was something unprescedented on television, and symbolized "the decay of morals and values," the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation reports.
But GLAAD counters that same-sex parents have been depicted on television since the 1970s. Check out their rundown of gay parents on the tube.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM