GRAPHIC: Gay Parents on TV Through The Years
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 12:20 PM ET
The New Normal, featuring a gay couple and their journey to have a baby, premieres this week on NBC. The show has become a target for antigay activist group One Million Moms, which claims the depiction of same-sex parents was something unprescedented on television, and symbolized "the decay of morals and values," the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation reports.
But GLAAD counters that same-sex parents have been depicted on television since the 1970s. Check out their rundown of gay parents on the tube.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man