Anderson Cooper's Talk Show Gets the Axe
BY Neal Broverman
October 29 2012 2:33 PM ET
After a bumpy start and increasing competition from new talk shows, Warner Bros. told TheWrap on Monday that Anderson Cooper's syndicated talk show will not return for a third season.
Originally called Anderson, the show was viewed as lackluster when it launched in September 2011. It was revamped for its second season, went live, and was renamed. The show got traction after Cooper officially came out of the closet this past July, but later faced stiff competition from new talk shows with Katie Couric and Ricki Lake.
"I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons. I am also grateful to [production company] Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively," the CNN journalist said in a statement. "I look forward to doing more great shows this season, and though I'm sorry we won¹t be continuing, I have truly enjoyed it."
The show will continue to air new episodes into the summer.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 2 min 26 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 16 min 4 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 17 min 35 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 28 min 57 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 44 min 10 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 58 min 3 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 1 hour 43 sec ago