Andrew Rannells Gives Up Girls
BY Christopher Rudolph
January 11 2013 6:19 PM ET
When it was announced earlier this week that Andrew Rannells was leaving Girls for greener pastures (that is, NBC’s The New Normal) there were probably more than just a couple gay hearts broken over the announcement. Yes, we would still have him grace our television screens every week, but being a dad-to-be on a Ryan Murphy-helmed NBC show is a little different than being Lena Dunham’s gay best friend on her hit HBO show Girls. For one, there’s the sex scenes. Yes, after an entire season full of uncomfortable sex (is there any other kind in your 20s?) between the ladies of Girls and their respective men, Rannells’s character finally gets some action in the season 2 premiere Sunday night (and his partner may have him questioning if he's bisexual).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?