5 Reasons to Watch L.A. Frock Stars
BY Clea Kim
March 07 2013 5:00 AM ET
Love vintage? Addicted to fashion? Then L.A. Frock Stars may be worth watching. The new series follows vintage fashion guru Doris Raymond and her Los Angeles boutique, The Way We Wore. Here are five reasons to watch tonight's premiere at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the Smithsonian Channel.
1. Get schooled in fashion
Each episode is more or less a crash course in vintage fashion, as this true expert cites era, upon label, upon construction, along with the historical context. With each amazing vintage piece, Raymond shares the significance of the designer’s history along with some fun facts. Learn what each decade brought for fashion and its prime designers.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- STUDY: Bisexuals Have Worse Health Than Gay, Lesbian, or Straight People