5 Reasons to Watch L.A. Frock Stars
BY Clea Kim
March 07 2013 5:00 AM ET
Love vintage? Addicted to fashion? Then L.A. Frock Stars may be worth watching. The new series follows vintage fashion guru Doris Raymond and her Los Angeles boutique, The Way We Wore. Here are five reasons to watch tonight's premiere at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the Smithsonian Channel.
1. Get schooled in fashion
Each episode is more or less a crash course in vintage fashion, as this true expert cites era, upon label, upon construction, along with the historical context. With each amazing vintage piece, Raymond shares the significance of the designer’s history along with some fun facts. Learn what each decade brought for fashion and its prime designers.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM