Logo's Newest Show Features Gay Host and Feel-Good Moments
BY Jase Peeples
March 22 2013 5:18 PM ET
Logo’s newest reality series, Operation Vacation, is destined to be the heartwarming tearjerker of the season.
Gay cohost Karl Schmid teams up with the lovely Claire Newell each week to grant carefully selected people the vacation they’ve always dreamed of taking but, because of obstacles in life, haven’t been able to make happen.
The first episode, which premiered March 23, features Dakota Meredith, a girl “who has lived her life in and out of the hospital since she was seven and struggles with her pain levels every day. At times her disease can take her out of school and really bring her down, but she never lets it keep her there. Instead her positive spirit keeps the whole family going and they would do anything to bring a little more light to the life of this amazing young woman.”
Grab some tissues and check out the preview for Operation Vacation below.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay 12 min 51 sec ago
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies 45 min 38 sec ago
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 1 hour 47 min ago
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 2 hours 19 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 2 hours 22 min ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 2 hours 37 min ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 2 hours 41 min ago