Logo's Newest Show Features Gay Host and Feel-Good Moments
BY Jase Peeples
March 22 2013 6:18 PM ET
Logo’s newest reality series, Operation Vacation, is destined to be the heartwarming tearjerker of the season.
Gay cohost Karl Schmid teams up with the lovely Claire Newell each week to grant carefully selected people the vacation they’ve always dreamed of taking but, because of obstacles in life, haven’t been able to make happen.
The first episode, which premiered March 23, features Dakota Meredith, a girl “who has lived her life in and out of the hospital since she was seven and struggles with her pain levels every day. At times her disease can take her out of school and really bring her down, but she never lets it keep her there. Instead her positive spirit keeps the whole family going and they would do anything to bring a little more light to the life of this amazing young woman.”
Grab some tissues and check out the preview for Operation Vacation below.
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Indian Woman Uses Spycam to Have Husband Arrested for Gay Sex
- Why Michael Weinstein Gets Blamed for PrEP Myths