Logo's Newest Show Features Gay Host and Feel-Good Moments
BY Jase Peeples
March 22 2013 6:18 PM ET
Logo’s newest reality series, Operation Vacation, is destined to be the heartwarming tearjerker of the season.
Gay cohost Karl Schmid teams up with the lovely Claire Newell each week to grant carefully selected people the vacation they’ve always dreamed of taking but, because of obstacles in life, haven’t been able to make happen.
The first episode, which premiered March 23, features Dakota Meredith, a girl “who has lived her life in and out of the hospital since she was seven and struggles with her pain levels every day. At times her disease can take her out of school and really bring her down, but she never lets it keep her there. Instead her positive spirit keeps the whole family going and they would do anything to bring a little more light to the life of this amazing young woman.”
Grab some tissues and check out the preview for Operation Vacation below.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News