WATCH: Americans Don't Care About Gay Marriage
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 15 2013 2:17 PM ET
Susie Sampson and her "Tea Party Report" have a tagline: "Balancing the lamestream media by good Southern reportin' on Tea Party values!"
Sampson, a self-proclaimed fan of fellow satirist Stephen Colbert, first caught our eye with her sardonic yet spot-on reporting from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions last year, and now she's done it again by doing her own survey to validate the numerous polls that find a majority of Americans support marriage equality.
But according to Sampson's survey and man-on-the-street interviews, the reality is quite the opposite: Americans don't care about gay marriage at all! When Sampson asked a variety of folks — some gay, some straight, some older, some younger — what they think about marriage equality, the response was a resounding "Whatever."
Watch Sampson take to the streets in the video below.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos