WATCH: Americans Don't Care About Gay Marriage
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 15 2013 2:17 PM ET
Susie Sampson and her "Tea Party Report" have a tagline: "Balancing the lamestream media by good Southern reportin' on Tea Party values!"
Sampson, a self-proclaimed fan of fellow satirist Stephen Colbert, first caught our eye with her sardonic yet spot-on reporting from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions last year, and now she's done it again by doing her own survey to validate the numerous polls that find a majority of Americans support marriage equality.
But according to Sampson's survey and man-on-the-street interviews, the reality is quite the opposite: Americans don't care about gay marriage at all! When Sampson asked a variety of folks — some gay, some straight, some older, some younger — what they think about marriage equality, the response was a resounding "Whatever."
Watch Sampson take to the streets in the video below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House