Gay Men Beaten, Robbed in Atlanta
BY Winston Gieseke
January 10 2012 3:30 PM ET
Two gay men were beaten and robbed early Sunday morning after leaving an Atlanta gay bar.
Project Q Atlanta reports that Drew Childs and Trenton Theiler had left Blake’s on the Park and were walking down the street when they were approached by two men. Theiler was struck on the head but managed to flee the scene, while Childs was hit several times in the face and was relieved of his wallet. Both were taken to the hospital and treated.
Ironically, the men had been attending a going- away party for Childs, who is planning to move out of the city.
Childs, who did not remember the attack, tweeted “What a night. Said good-bye to all my friends, got mugged, and woke-up in an ambulance. #wondrous #hateatlanta”
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM