Gay Men Beaten, Robbed in Atlanta
BY Winston Gieseke
January 10 2012 3:30 PM ET
Two gay men were beaten and robbed early Sunday morning after leaving an Atlanta gay bar.
Project Q Atlanta reports that Drew Childs and Trenton Theiler had left Blake’s on the Park and were walking down the street when they were approached by two men. Theiler was struck on the head but managed to flee the scene, while Childs was hit several times in the face and was relieved of his wallet. Both were taken to the hospital and treated.
Ironically, the men had been attending a going- away party for Childs, who is planning to move out of the city.
Childs, who did not remember the attack, tweeted “What a night. Said good-bye to all my friends, got mugged, and woke-up in an ambulance. #wondrous #hateatlanta”
Read the full story here.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'