Gay Men Beaten, Robbed in Atlanta
BY Winston Gieseke
January 10 2012 2:30 PM ET
Two gay men were beaten and robbed early Sunday morning after leaving an Atlanta gay bar.
Project Q Atlanta reports that Drew Childs and Trenton Theiler had left Blake’s on the Park and were walking down the street when they were approached by two men. Theiler was struck on the head but managed to flee the scene, while Childs was hit several times in the face and was relieved of his wallet. Both were taken to the hospital and treated.
Ironically, the men had been attending a going- away party for Childs, who is planning to move out of the city.
Childs, who did not remember the attack, tweeted “What a night. Said good-bye to all my friends, got mugged, and woke-up in an ambulance. #wondrous #hateatlanta”
Read the full story here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View