Police Hunting for Gay Man's Killer in San Francisco
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
June 28 2012 6:44 PM ET
San Francisco police are still searching for killer of gay man who was killed in June. According to the Bay Area Reporter, 28-year-old Steven "Eriq" Escalon was found dead in his home on June 12 and so far no arrests have been made. Homicide inspector Scott Warnke told the Reporter that the investigation was moving forward and the police have been seeking info on a person seen leaving the area carrying "a flat screen TV, at least one computer, or a game console, in the early to late afternoon of June 12."
There is widespread speculation among gay activists in the city that Escalon may have met someone for a sexual encounter through a hookup site like Adam4Adam or Grindr. According to the Reporter, police admit they've recieved tips saying such but that theory has not been confirmed or denied.
Anyone with information can call the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444. The police report number is 120 463 273.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 1 hour 59 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM