Police Hunting for Gay Man's Killer in San Francisco
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
June 28 2012 7:44 PM ET
San Francisco police are still searching for killer of gay man who was killed in June. According to the Bay Area Reporter, 28-year-old Steven "Eriq" Escalon was found dead in his home on June 12 and so far no arrests have been made. Homicide inspector Scott Warnke told the Reporter that the investigation was moving forward and the police have been seeking info on a person seen leaving the area carrying "a flat screen TV, at least one computer, or a game console, in the early to late afternoon of June 12."
There is widespread speculation among gay activists in the city that Escalon may have met someone for a sexual encounter through a hookup site like Adam4Adam or Grindr. According to the Reporter, police admit they've recieved tips saying such but that theory has not been confirmed or denied.
Anyone with information can call the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444. The police report number is 120 463 273.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash Dies in Car Crash