Lesbian Teen Gets Five-Year Sentence for Stabbing Girlfriend
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 22 2012 2:33 PM ET
After stabbing her girlfried with a six-inch kitchen knife during a fight over fidelity, a teenage lesbian in the U.K. has been sent to a juvenile custody facility for five years. According to the Daily Mail, 19-year-old Kelly Farrugia attacked Kirsty Brown, 25, after looking at Brown's cell phone while she was asleep, and then refused to call for an ambulance.
The attack on Brown happened in the women's home in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire on December 10, 2011, according to the Mail's Emily Allen. Judge Paul Glenn said that the two women were "jealous and possessive, and you argued together frequently. There have been previous incidents where things have become physical between you." He said that while he accepted "the view of the probation officer, that you pose a risk to future partners," he said Farrugia was still "a person with good qualities."
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Gay Hero of Sydney Siege Wrestled With Gunman
- READ: 9-Year-Old Girl's Adorable Letter to Newly Out Gay Teacher
- Vine Star Attempts to Justify Homophobic Video
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers