Lesbian Teen Gets Five-Year Sentence for Stabbing Girlfriend
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 22 2012 3:33 PM ET
After stabbing her girlfried with a six-inch kitchen knife during a fight over fidelity, a teenage lesbian in the U.K. has been sent to a juvenile custody facility for five years. According to the Daily Mail, 19-year-old Kelly Farrugia attacked Kirsty Brown, 25, after looking at Brown's cell phone while she was asleep, and then refused to call for an ambulance.
The attack on Brown happened in the women's home in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire on December 10, 2011, according to the Mail's Emily Allen. Judge Paul Glenn said that the two women were "jealous and possessive, and you argued together frequently. There have been previous incidents where things have become physical between you." He said that while he accepted "the view of the probation officer, that you pose a risk to future partners," he said Farrugia was still "a person with good qualities."
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 1 hour 35 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 2 hours 36 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM