Lesbian Teen Gets Five-Year Sentence for Stabbing Girlfriend
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 22 2012 3:33 PM ET
After stabbing her girlfried with a six-inch kitchen knife during a fight over fidelity, a teenage lesbian in the U.K. has been sent to a juvenile custody facility for five years. According to the Daily Mail, 19-year-old Kelly Farrugia attacked Kirsty Brown, 25, after looking at Brown's cell phone while she was asleep, and then refused to call for an ambulance.
The attack on Brown happened in the women's home in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire on December 10, 2011, according to the Mail's Emily Allen. Judge Paul Glenn said that the two women were "jealous and possessive, and you argued together frequently. There have been previous incidents where things have become physical between you." He said that while he accepted "the view of the probation officer, that you pose a risk to future partners," he said Farrugia was still "a person with good qualities."
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 33 min 24 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 36 min 20 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 46 min 48 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 59 min 26 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 50 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 2 hours 7 min ago