Lesbian Teen Gets Five-Year Sentence for Stabbing Girlfriend
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 22 2012 3:33 PM ET
After stabbing her girlfried with a six-inch kitchen knife during a fight over fidelity, a teenage lesbian in the U.K. has been sent to a juvenile custody facility for five years. According to the Daily Mail, 19-year-old Kelly Farrugia attacked Kirsty Brown, 25, after looking at Brown's cell phone while she was asleep, and then refused to call for an ambulance.
The attack on Brown happened in the women's home in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire on December 10, 2011, according to the Mail's Emily Allen. Judge Paul Glenn said that the two women were "jealous and possessive, and you argued together frequently. There have been previous incidents where things have become physical between you." He said that while he accepted "the view of the probation officer, that you pose a risk to future partners," he said Farrugia was still "a person with good qualities."
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM