L.A. Robber Who Killed Trans Woman, Attacked Another, Resurfaces
BY Neal Broverman
January 17 2013 4:11 PM ET
A violent robber who police believe is responsible for the death of a transgender woman and the shooting of another is stalking the streets of Los Angeles again.
Referred to as the "Western bandit," the suspect is known to frequent Western Avenue, which runs from Hollywood to Koreatown and through South Los Angeles. After a spree of robberies in November 2011, which culminated in the death of one trans woman and the shooting of another, the bandit has returned, the LAPD reports. The suspect was behind a January 8 mugging and another attempted robbery, police believe. The suspect is being identified by a "signature aspect" that police are not releasing to the public.
The LAPD doesn't believe the bandit targets transgender women specifically, only those walking late at night or very early in the morning.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 1 hour 58 min ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 2 hours 35 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM