L.A. Robber Who Killed Trans Woman, Attacked Another, Resurfaces
BY Neal Broverman
January 17 2013 4:11 PM ET
A violent robber who police believe is responsible for the death of a transgender woman and the shooting of another is stalking the streets of Los Angeles again.
Referred to as the "Western bandit," the suspect is known to frequent Western Avenue, which runs from Hollywood to Koreatown and through South Los Angeles. After a spree of robberies in November 2011, which culminated in the death of one trans woman and the shooting of another, the bandit has returned, the LAPD reports. The suspect was behind a January 8 mugging and another attempted robbery, police believe. The suspect is being identified by a "signature aspect" that police are not releasing to the public.
The LAPD doesn't believe the bandit targets transgender women specifically, only those walking late at night or very early in the morning.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM