L.A. Robber Who Killed Trans Woman, Attacked Another, Resurfaces
BY Neal Broverman
January 17 2013 4:11 PM ET
A violent robber who police believe is responsible for the death of a transgender woman and the shooting of another is stalking the streets of Los Angeles again.
Referred to as the "Western bandit," the suspect is known to frequent Western Avenue, which runs from Hollywood to Koreatown and through South Los Angeles. After a spree of robberies in November 2011, which culminated in the death of one trans woman and the shooting of another, the bandit has returned, the LAPD reports. The suspect was behind a January 8 mugging and another attempted robbery, police believe. The suspect is being identified by a "signature aspect" that police are not releasing to the public.
The LAPD doesn't believe the bandit targets transgender women specifically, only those walking late at night or very early in the morning.
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS What Do You Do When You Find Out You Have HIV? March 12 2014 7:06 PM