Transgender Woman Reported Gang-Raped in New York
BY Trudy Ring
March 02 2013 2:12 PM ET
A transgender woman was sexually assaulted by at least three men Thursday in a hotel room in midtown Manhattan, website DNAInfo.com reports.
The attack occurred about 2:15 a.m. and apparently arose from a dispute over money, the site reports. One of the men had been in the room with the woman earlier; after she kicked him out, he returned with two other men and a gun.
“The three men then sexually assaulted the victim as one brandished the firearm and threatened to shoot the woman if she did not stop screaming,” the site reports. It’s possible there were more men involved in the attack, police said.
The woman was treated at Roosevelt Hospital for bruises and abrasions. Police have released surveillance images of the woman and are asking anyone with information to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers hotline, 800-577-TIPS.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad