Missing Man Found Dead, Cops Point to Hookup App
BY Michelle Garcia
May 06 2014 5:54 PM ET
A 25-year-old Philadelphia man was found dead last week, possibly after meeting a man in the nearby town of Chester through a gay dating app.
Police say Dino Dizdarević's partially clothed body was found in an overgrown field by a passerby Friday, two days after he went missing, according to ABC affiliate WPVI in Philadelphia. It appeared that Dizdarević experienced blunt force trauma to the head.
Dizdarević's family fled to the U.S. from Bosnia when he was younger. He was most recently working as a chemical engineer in New Jersey. He moved to Philadelphia in August from Kentucky, where his family now lives.
Police kept Dizdarević's phone as evidence, as they believe he was lured through Grindr to meet the man who may have killed him. Nick McBee, his boyfriend of two years, said he had no idea why Dizdarević was in Chester.
"I don't think he even knew anything about Chester," McBee told the Philadelphia Daily News. He added that he was not even sure how Dizdarević got to Chester, since his car remained near their home in North Philly.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Lost Pink Triangles
- Fla. Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet