BY Advocate Contributors
October 15 2009 2:15 PM ET
Dr. Frank’s Tips On What to Do After Unsafe Sex
- Ask your partner about his HIV status
- If he says he is positive, ask him about his T-Cell count, viral load and what medications he is on.
- Ascertain whether or not he ejaculated inside of you
- Seek medical attention immediately! Preferably no more than 72 hours after the incident.There are options that you and your doctor can pursue that will greatly improve your chances of not contracting the virus
- Why Are We Gay?
- Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- WATCH: Protesters Tell Antigay Kentucky Clerk 'Do Your Job!' in Showdown With Her Supporters
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme