BY Advocate Contributors
October 15 2009 2:15 PM ET
Dr. Frank’s Tips On What to Do After Unsafe Sex
- Ask your partner about his HIV status
- If he says he is positive, ask him about his T-Cell count, viral load and what medications he is on.
- Ascertain whether or not he ejaculated inside of you
- Seek medical attention immediately! Preferably no more than 72 hours after the incident.There are options that you and your doctor can pursue that will greatly improve your chances of not contracting the virus
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members