BY Advocate Contributors
October 15 2009 2:15 PM ET
Dr. Frank’s Tips On What to Do After Unsafe Sex
- Ask your partner about his HIV status
- If he says he is positive, ask him about his T-Cell count, viral load and what medications he is on.
- Ascertain whether or not he ejaculated inside of you
- Seek medical attention immediately! Preferably no more than 72 hours after the incident.There are options that you and your doctor can pursue that will greatly improve your chances of not contracting the virus
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide