BY Advocate Contributors
October 15 2009 2:15 PM ET
Dr. Frank’s Tips On What to Do After Unsafe Sex
- Ask your partner about his HIV status
- If he says he is positive, ask him about his T-Cell count, viral load and what medications he is on.
- Ascertain whether or not he ejaculated inside of you
- Seek medical attention immediately! Preferably no more than 72 hours after the incident.There are options that you and your doctor can pursue that will greatly improve your chances of not contracting the virus
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier