Director of San Jose, Calif.'s ARIS resigns
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2003 1:00 AM ET
Barbara Galvan, executive director of San Jose, Calif.-based AIDS Resources, Information, and Services of Santa Clara County, announced Thursday that she will step down from her position at the end of March, The [San Jose] Mercury News reports. She served only eight months in the position. Earlier this month the agency gave back $1.1 million in contracts for AIDS housing, treatment, and nutrition services for HIV-positive residents of Santa Clara County because the organization was too financially unstable to consistently provide the services. Last week ARIS closed its home that housed six seriously ill AIDS patients. Galvan was unavailable for comment, but board of directors president described Galvan's decision to resign as "mutual."
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'