Syphilis Jumps 60% in NYC, Mostly Among Gay, Bisexual Men
February 29 2008 1:00 AM ET
The New York City
Department of Health is reporting a 60% increase in the
number of syphilis cases in 2007 over the previous year in
2006, with much of that growth occurring in gay and
bisexual men, according to an article in the Gay City News.
you choose to spotlight it or put your magnifying
glass on it, syphilis is increasing in New York City," Susan
Blank, MD, assistant health commissioner, told GCN.
dropped from 616 in 2005 to 578 cases in 2006. GCN
reports that the Health Department has recorded 927
cases in 2007. (The Advocate)
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 1 hour 48 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM