Girl Transitions Without Medical Intervention
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2012 11:57 AM ET
Many trans girls say they always felt like a girl trapped inside a boy's body, and that was certainly the case for Ryan McKenna. But unlike her trans peers, McKenna didn't need hormones or top surgery to transition. Her own biology did that for her.
According to Yahoo! News, McKenna is actually intersex and has a hormonal imbalance that caused her to began developing breasts and a curvy figure at the same time as her teenage girlfriends.
"My transformation was amazing. I was a little ginger boy, then I went curvy like a woman," Ryan told The Sun. "I'm really lucky. I never got any facial hair and I haven't got an Adam's apple. My bum is perky like a woman's and my waist is narrow and hour-glassy."
McKenna says she grew up as one of the girls, giggling about boys and boobs and periods. "Sometimes they'd talk about their periods and forgot I don't get them. Theyâ€™re the only girlsâ€™ thing I'm glad I haven't got."
Now a young adult, McKenna still plans to have bottom surgery but says blossoming into a woman without medical intervention has been like "a fairy tale."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 19 min 20 sec ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM