Rainbow kilt causes stir in Scotland
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
A new rainbow kilt aimed at gay men is causing a flap among members of Scotlands Tartan Society, the Scottish Daily Record reports. Approval of the rainbow tartan has caused society president Duncan Paisley to suspend all future tartans until a review can be held. It was not approved with the knowledge it was a gay tartan, he said. But Keith Lumsden, who approved the rainbow kilt, asked, Who are we to say that some people should not have a tartan?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses