Rainbow kilt causes stir in Scotland
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
A new rainbow kilt aimed at gay men is causing a flap among members of Scotlands Tartan Society, the Scottish Daily Record reports. Approval of the rainbow tartan has caused society president Duncan Paisley to suspend all future tartans until a review can be held. It was not approved with the knowledge it was a gay tartan, he said. But Keith Lumsden, who approved the rainbow kilt, asked, Who are we to say that some people should not have a tartan?
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame