Rainbow kilt causes stir in Scotland
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
A new rainbow kilt aimed at gay men is causing a flap among members of Scotlands Tartan Society, the Scottish Daily Record reports. Approval of the rainbow tartan has caused society president Duncan Paisley to suspend all future tartans until a review can be held. It was not approved with the knowledge it was a gay tartan, he said. But Keith Lumsden, who approved the rainbow kilt, asked, Who are we to say that some people should not have a tartan?
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media