Balitmore's Graziano meets with gays and lesbians
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
Baltimore housing commissioner Paul Graziano met with local gay men and lesbians Tuesday night in one of several conciliatory gestures he has promised in response to homophobic remarks he made in December while drunk, the Baltimore Sun reports. Since the December remark, Graziano took a months leave of absence and entered an alcohol treatment program. Tuesdays meeting at the Gay and Lesbian Community Center was off-the-record, but afterward Shannon Avery, who chairs the centers legislative and political action committees, said, We are ready to say this is the first step.... We respect the fact that he apologized to our community, but we are looking for actions, not words.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?