Balitmore's Graziano meets with gays and lesbians
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
Baltimore housing commissioner Paul Graziano met with local gay men and lesbians Tuesday night in one of several conciliatory gestures he has promised in response to homophobic remarks he made in December while drunk, the Baltimore Sun reports. Since the December remark, Graziano took a months leave of absence and entered an alcohol treatment program. Tuesdays meeting at the Gay and Lesbian Community Center was off-the-record, but afterward Shannon Avery, who chairs the centers legislative and political action committees, said, We are ready to say this is the first step.... We respect the fact that he apologized to our community, but we are looking for actions, not words.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'