Balitmore's Graziano meets with gays and lesbians
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
Baltimore housing commissioner Paul Graziano met with local gay men and lesbians Tuesday night in one of several conciliatory gestures he has promised in response to homophobic remarks he made in December while drunk, the Baltimore Sun reports. Since the December remark, Graziano took a months leave of absence and entered an alcohol treatment program. Tuesdays meeting at the Gay and Lesbian Community Center was off-the-record, but afterward Shannon Avery, who chairs the centers legislative and political action committees, said, We are ready to say this is the first step.... We respect the fact that he apologized to our community, but we are looking for actions, not words.
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality