Gay magazine apologizes to Tewksbury
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Canadian gay magazine Fab has issued an apology to openly gay Olympic gold medal swimmer Mark Tewksbury for saying in a press release that Tewksbury had an addiction to the drug ecstasy, The [Toronto] Globe and Mail reports. The press release was promoting an interview Fab conducted with Tewksbury in which the swimmer talks about a former addiction to marijuana.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure