Gay political group picks straight L.A. mayoral candidate over gay one
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Stonewall Democratic Club in Los Angeles has endorsed former state assembly speaker Antonio Villaraigosa for mayor, choosing him over openly gay city councilman Joel Wachs, the Los Angeles Daily News reports. Villaraigosa has also been endorsed by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party and the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO. The nonpartisan election for mayor is to be held April 10. The incumbent, Republican Richard Riordan, is barred from running for reelection because of term limits.
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'