Gay political group picks straight L.A. mayoral candidate over gay one
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Stonewall Democratic Club in Los Angeles has endorsed former state assembly speaker Antonio Villaraigosa for mayor, choosing him over openly gay city councilman Joel Wachs, the Los Angeles Daily News reports. Villaraigosa has also been endorsed by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party and the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO. The nonpartisan election for mayor is to be held April 10. The incumbent, Republican Richard Riordan, is barred from running for reelection because of term limits.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player