Lesbian couple sentenced to death in Somalia
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
A lesbian couple who passed themselves off as husband and wife were sentenced to death on Tuesday in Somalias northeast port city of Bossasso, Agence France-Presse reports. The women, whose names have been withheld, were convicted of exercising unnaturhl behavior and were tried under Somali Criminal Punishment Law, which is based on Islamic Sharia Law.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: San Diego Pride