Lesbian couple sentenced to death in Somalia
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
A lesbian couple who passed themselves off as husband and wife were sentenced to death on Tuesday in Somalias northeast port city of Bossasso, Agence France-Presse reports. The women, whose names have been withheld, were convicted of exercising unnaturhl behavior and were tried under Somali Criminal Punishment Law, which is based on Islamic Sharia Law.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?