Lesbian couple sentenced to death in Somalia
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
A lesbian couple who passed themselves off as husband and wife were sentenced to death on Tuesday in Somalias northeast port city of Bossasso, Agence France-Presse reports. The women, whose names have been withheld, were convicted of exercising unnaturhl behavior and were tried under Somali Criminal Punishment Law, which is based on Islamic Sharia Law.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?