Lesbian couple sentenced to death in Somalia
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
A lesbian couple who passed themselves off as husband and wife were sentenced to death on Tuesday in Somalias northeast port city of Bossasso, Agence France-Presse reports. The women, whose names have been withheld, were convicted of exercising unnaturhl behavior and were tried under Somali Criminal Punishment Law, which is based on Islamic Sharia Law.
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'