Canadian schools can't ban gay books
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
Canada's supreme court ruled 7-2 on Friday that public school libraries cannot ban books just because they may offend a particular religious group, Agence France-Presse reports. The decision comes in a case regarding a British Columbia school board that banned books about children who had lesbian mothers or gay fathers.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series