St. Louis gay bookstore to close
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Planet Pride Books and Gifts, which has served as a bookstore and resource center for St. Louis gays and lesbians for the past 3-1/2 years, will close its doors this month, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. The owner of the store cited personal reasons for wanting to close it. According to the Post-Dispatch, Planet Pride is the only bookstore in the area that caters specifically to gay men and lesbians. "We were part of the community and specialized in material for the community," said manager Norman Pack. "It's been a source of information about the community. It was a place people could come and ask questions or express concerns, about themselves or a loved one."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment