St. Louis gay bookstore to close
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Planet Pride Books and Gifts, which has served as a bookstore and resource center for St. Louis gays and lesbians for the past 3-1/2 years, will close its doors this month, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. The owner of the store cited personal reasons for wanting to close it. According to the Post-Dispatch, Planet Pride is the only bookstore in the area that caters specifically to gay men and lesbians. "We were part of the community and specialized in material for the community," said manager Norman Pack. "It's been a source of information about the community. It was a place people could come and ask questions or express concerns, about themselves or a loved one."
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'