Catholic priest removed after posting personal ad on gay Web site
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2003 12:00 AM ET
A Catholic priest from Ormond Beach, Fla. was removed from his post on February 20 after church officials found he had created a personal ad--which featured a naked photo of himself--on a gay Web site, according to www.thesmokinggun.com.
Francis T. Gera, pastor of Holy Dormition Byzantine Catholic Church since 1997, posted his ad on the Silverfox Pictures Archive Web site. Along with his full-frontal photo, Gera said he "likes younger, TOP, slim-muscular men, 18-40." The E-mail address he included in the personal ad was the same one at which parishioners would correspond with Gera.
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 40 min 34 sec ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 46 min 1 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 1 hour 35 min ago
- Marriage Equality Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill 1 hour 44 min ago
- Entertainment News TV Icon Bob Newhart Scheduled For Antigay Org Event With Rick Santorum 2 hours 5 min ago
- Military Hagel: Full National Guard To Recognize Gay Couples 2 hours 38 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 12:00 PM