Catholic priest removed after posting personal ad on gay Web site
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2003 12:00 AM ET
A Catholic priest from Ormond Beach, Fla. was removed from his post on February 20 after church officials found he had created a personal ad--which featured a naked photo of himself--on a gay Web site, according to www.thesmokinggun.com.
Francis T. Gera, pastor of Holy Dormition Byzantine Catholic Church since 1997, posted his ad on the Silverfox Pictures Archive Web site. Along with his full-frontal photo, Gera said he "likes younger, TOP, slim-muscular men, 18-40." The E-mail address he included in the personal ad was the same one at which parishioners would correspond with Gera.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Alabama Marriage Equality on Two-Week Hold
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar