Boston radio station reinstates Savage Nation
July 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
Michael Savage's suspension from WRKO-AM (680) following antigay remarks he made to a caller on his since-canceled cable TV show lasted just one-day, The Boston Globe reports. The station's program director, Mike Elder, reinstated the talk show host while warning Savage's syndicator that any repetition of the kind of remarks that ended Savage's MSNBC career will get him permanently booted off
the Boston station. MSNBC fired Savage last Monday after he responded to a prank caller on his Saturday-afternoon cable show by referring to him as a ''sodomite'' and saying, ''You should only get AIDS and die. You pig.'' Elder suspended Savage's popular radio program from WRKO Tuesday, but agreed to put him back on the air after telling Talk Radio Network, which syndicates Savage Nation, that Savage could not express ''that kind of hatred'' on the air again.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel